Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dragonflies

I have always had an appreciation for dragonflies. I never really knew what their symbolism was but knew that I wanted to get one tattooed on my for my memorial tattoo for Brinley. I decided to look up what they symbolized today and it was made clear to me why I decided on the dragonfly.

Dragonflies represent change, Brinley has changed my life forever. They also are creatures of the water, I have been having lots of dreams about water. One of the first things I got for her was a crib bedding that had dragonflies on it so the dragonfly has always been a representation of what Brinley was and is to me.  I may not fully explain why this means so much to me but please read the description below to get a better understanding.



Symbolism of Dragonflies

As a creature of the wind, the dragonlfy totem represents change. It's iridescent wings are incredibly sensitive to the slightest breeze, and so we are reminded to heed where the proverbial wind blows - lest we run into stormy weather.
Dragonflies are also creatures of the water, and any creature whose habitat is in, or around water carries symbolism relative the the subconscious, or "dreaming" mind and thoughts.
This is because in the animal world, water is symbolic of the subconscious mind ("deeper mind," "dreaming mind") and relates to the thoughts we have in relaxed/meditative/sleeping/subconscious states.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers