Thursday, July 30, 2015

Whole 30 Week 4

I have had a few dreams over the past month about food, off-plan food to be exact. Most of my dreams have involved me sticking to my Whole30 guns even while dreaming about delicious cake and pizza. Tuesday night I dreamt about a huge cupcake and I ate. I ate it ALL! Then I felt guilty about it. *shake my head* It had been 23 days since I started this journey and my mind is still trying to drive me back to those off-plan foods.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel and have been thinking a lot about what I'm going to eat as my first non Whole30 food after my 30 days are up. I think I've decided it is going to be a scoop of chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Sugar, dairy, and peanuts all at once...maybe that isn't such a great idea after all.

How I am feeling:

I'm feeling really good. I'm still tired a lot but I think that is because I haven't been getting in bed early enough. I still have high blood pressure so I'm taking my medicine. I'm going to have to stick to a Whole30 way of eating for awhile before I see changes there. I had a doctor visit about this and forgot to get my blood work done again so I have to do it before I go back in 6 weeks. I'm planning on eating a few off-plan foods but then going back to Whole30 eating. We go on vacation in about 3 weeks so I'll probably try and eat 80% Whole30 and 20% off-plan. 

What I ate:

I share what I eat on other social media sites and get lots of compliments about how good the food looks which is kind of surprising as it is ONLY real food. Nothing fancy. It is sad that our country has moved to a fast food, processed food society. We need to bring back cooking at home!

It's already Wednesday and I don't remember all that I've eaten so I'm going to give the short version this week. In addition to my usual boiled egg and fruit/veggies for breakfast...

  • Turkey salad @ Subway
  • Chicken Primavera leftovers
  • Protein salad, sweet potato
  • Stuffed Portabella mushrooms. They were extra yummy!
  • Steak and steamed broccoli
  • Omelet with steak and spinach

Watch for my final end of Whole30 post...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers