Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Whole 30 Week 2 DONE

How I'm feeling:

The end of week two and I'm feeling really good. It has gotten easier to eat Whole30 foods. I'm more comfortable with reading labels and picking out food that I can eat. I'm starting to really feel more energetic during the day. I'm having trouble laying down for bed at a reasonable time because I don't feel tired and want to make stuff in the kitchen but that food processor is really loud. lol

I'm dying to know what I weigh and if I've lost any inches yet but I'm sticking to the program and not doing either until the end. When I look at my stomach I feel like it is smaller than it was and I can tell my face is looking thinner. It also seems like my pants are getting looser so those are all good signs. 

What I ate July 6 - 12:

Monday - Day 8

  • Leftover Spinach Frittata
  • Leftover Protein Salad with carrots & almond butter
  • Spaghetti Squash with ground meat and marinara sauce

Tuesday - Day 9

  • Boiled Egg & apple
  • Baked chicken breast with sweet potato. Carrots & almond butter
  • Cubed Steak w/ almond flour. Patty pan squash stuffed with sauteed spinach & onion

Wednesday - Day 10

  • Boiled Egg & Banana
  • Leftover Spaghetti Squash with ground meat and marinara sauce. Carrots & Bell Pepper slices
  • Chicken Sausage with potatoes and a Spinach salad w/ Strawberries, cherry tomatoes, carrots. Balsamic dressing on top. 

Thursday - Day 11

  • Boiled Egg & Banana
  • Leftover Spaghetti Squash with ground meat and marinara sauce. Carrots & Bell Pepper slices. Yes, I had this two days in a row. I forgot to bring the leftover sausage and spinach salad for lunch today. 
  • ....Don't remember what I had for dinner....

Friday & Saturday - Days 12 & 13

I ate out a couple times over the weekend while staying Whole30 compliant. I have forgotten what I ate these days but I know I had salad, grilled chicken, steamed vegetables, and lots of sweet potato over the weekend. Oh and I had a Beet and Pear salad at this restaurant that was really good. I ate a couple slices of the pear but was afraid it had been marinated in some sugar sauce cause you never really know what they do to the food. After asking about it though I was presently surprised that they only roasted the pear. It is amazing how sweet food is naturally when you cut out all other sugar. 

Devils on Horseback - I made these at some point during the week too. They are delicious.

Sunday - Day 14

My proudest accomplishment was making dinner on Sunday night. I made a whole roasted chicken, coconut cauliflower rice, and sweet potato toast. If you know me then you know this is completely out of my comfort zone as far as cooking goes!! I have NEVER in my life done anything with raw meat except ground beef.



So what great recipes have you found since starting Whole30? Share them in the comments below. I'd love to see what you are eating. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers