Sunday, May 8, 2011

1st Mother's Day without her

So today, I.am.a.mother. This is the first time on mother's day that I felt like I deserved to be told Happy Mother's Day. It has actually been a great day. It started last night on our way home from the Darlington Nascar race we stopped to eat at Waffle House, it was after midnight so it was officially Mother's Day. I went to go to the bathroom and there on the floor was a dime! How amazing to receive a dime so early on Mother's Day.

I think by getting this wink from Brinley really helped make this day better.

So by the time I got up this morning I had 6 text messages from friends wishing me a Happy Mother's Day! This along with all the Facebook Mother's Day wishes I got really put me in a good mood this morning. So sweet of them to think of me and Brinley today. I love all of my wonderful friends.They have really brought me happiness in my time of darkness.

I was also in two separate Mother's Day videos created by fellow BLMs.

The first was made by Annette Benavides, mother to Valentina and Little Bee. Thank you for being so sweet and thinking of all us today. Happy Mother's Day!



The second video was made by Brittany Seree' Huddleston, mother to Serenity. I appreciate all your hard work in making this video. You did a wonderful job. Happy Mother's Day!




As far as presents go I haven't gotten any...yet. Actually my Mother's Day present was ordered a few days ago so I'm still waiting on it to come in the mail. I finally ordered a sculpture from The Midnight Orange.

Here is a picture of the sculpture I ordered. The only change I requested was to have pink butterfly wings for the baby.


This time last year I was pregnant with Brinley and was given two different statues but they were very much alike. One was from my mother and the other from my father. They were both an angel holding a baby. Looking back at these statues now is kind of weird knowing now that Brinley is being held by angels. I looked back at my pregnancy blog for her to see what I had wrote for Mother's Day last year but I didn't write anything for Mother's Day. I did post this blog where I announced we were having a girl and this blog where I posted links to my baby registries.

I hope all you mothers out there have a wonderful Mother's Day whether your child is here on earth or up above.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers