Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back to my "before" life

I start back to school today. I have been out of school since the beginning of August. That is when my summer courses finished and just a month before my due date. I was planning on taking the fall semester off since I was having Brinley. I was going to have a newborn to take care of and thought it would be too much to take classes and work as well. She was to be my first baby and I was looking forward to having her around. I was even contiplating taking one course over the fall but decided I needed to focus on my daughter. Fall classes started August 23rd, the week after I gave birth.

It has been 4 months 3 weeks and 3 days since I had to say goodbye. It has taken me that long to be ready to go back to school. I will be taking a full load (4 classes) on top of working almost 40 hours a week. I was able to stagger my starting dates for each of the four classes so I'm not taking on too much at once. Today is the first of the four classes and it is English 102. Most classes I take these days are online but this one I have to go to class Tue & Thurs.  I am nervous and excited and dreading it all at once. I wonder if I will get a chance to write about my loss for class. I'm not ashamed to say where I have been and what I have done in my life. It has made me the person I am today.

My other classes start on Jan 24th, then Jan 31st, and lastley Mar 21st. All but one are general education classes meaning science, english, sociology, biology, math, and history type classes. I think I do better in my computer classes than these but they have to be done in order to get my degree. I'm almost done so I want to take all that I can to finish up.

A quick note on my birthday... It was GREAT! I had a lot of great friends come hang out with me and had a wonderful time. My mother also gave me this beautiful necklace with a dragonfly on it since she knew it would remind me of Brinley.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers