Friday, January 7, 2011

I have been blessed

Today is my birthday. I could lay around and be sad that Brinley isn't here and will never have a "birthday" but I have chosen to have a good day. Of course I miss my daughter and long to hold her but she isn't here and I can not.

I woke up this morning with an upset stomach which is doing better now. I looked for a bra to wear and all I could find clean was a nursing bra.... I DO NOT want to wear a nursing bra on my birthday! I was starting to get in a bad mood already... I found myself thinking thoughts of "This is going to be a bad day." I immediately caught myself and told myself that I was going to chose to have a good day today no matter what. So what, I have to wear a nursing bra, it is comfortable, right? Well when I went to find a shirt I actually found a regular bra and changed right away. See it is going to be a good day after all.

I wanted to write a blog about all the amazing people in my life and give thanks for the friends and family I have. I really feel loved and thought about. The loss of Brinley has really opened my eyes to how precious life and the people in are.

Thank you to all my friends that make me laugh, listen to me vent, and hug me when I look like I need it!!

Happy Birthday to Me!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Heather. I'm glad you chose to have a good day. I'm sure Brinley is looking down on you and smiling and is very proud that you are her mother. I hope you have fun tonight. I'm sorry I can't make it. Enjoy yourself and be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers