Thursday, November 25, 2010

2 down 1 to go

Well the second holiday after my Brinley left wasn't so bad. Thanksgiving was spent with family at my mother's house. I woke up happy and feeling unaffected by the sadness that accompanied me on Halloween. I thought this wouldn't be so bad after all. I was good until I received a text from a friend wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving with a picture of her baby girl (less than 3 months old). That was a slap in the face.

I had to wonder if she was told of my loss because I don't talk to her often and she isn't on any social networking sites that I'm on. But no, I do remember calling her or at least texting her to let her know what happened so I know she knew that my baby had died. I get a lump in my throat even typing that....my baby died. Ugh!

So after I had a brief cry and hug from my husband I was ready to go spend the day with my family. The rest of my day was great. I worked on my aunt's computer for a little while today. It looks like it is going to take me awhile to get it working again but I do enjoy doing this kind of work no matter how frustrating it can be. We then went to my mother's with our food and ate and ate and ate.

I got to spend lots of time with my 7 month old nephew. It sucks seeing what I'm missing out on but at the same time he is such a joy to be around. There should be two babies with us during the holidays and seeing James will always remind me of this.

We lit a candle for you today Brinley. I hope you had a great day in heaven and gave thanks for the short time you were with your parents on earth. We love you and miss you always. Happy Thanksgiving baby girl <3



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers