Monday, October 25, 2010

Driving in the rain

Well driving home in the rain today a song came on the radio and made me cry. These two things are not a good combination.


The song that caught me off guard is the new Nelly song called "Just a Dream" which is really about a break up but the part that got to me is below.




I was thinkin about her, thinkin about me.
Thinkin about us, what we gonna be?
Open my eyes, yeah; it was only just a dream.
So I travel back, down that road.
Who she come back? No one knows.
I realize, yeah, it was only just a dream.


If you ever loved somebody put your hands up.
If you ever loved somebody put your hands up.
And now they're gone and you wish you could give them everything.
I said, if you ever loved somebody put your hands up.
If you ever loved somebody put your hands up.
And now they're gone and you wish you could give them everything.



It made me think about all the dreams and hopes I've had for Brinley. I would think about what she would look like. I would think about what kind of mother I would be for her.  I would think about the love I have for this child. I would daydream about her as a toddler and the funny things she would say. Since I've had Brinley I've realized it was all just a dream. A dream of the life that she would have had. She is gone and I wish I could have given her everything in the world.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers