Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 4 - Favorite Book

Before I get to my day four post I just wanted to get this out. I found out today that my co-worker had her baby girl yesterday about 5:30 pm, I had Brinley at 5:41 pm. It really hit me the wrong way. I have seen her at work almost everyday. She has been very pregnant since I've been back to work and I knew she would be having her baby soon. 


The emails bombarded me today while I sat there putting Brinley's angelversary dates on my calendar. First I received an email stating that someone was going to have a baby shower for my co-worker. I got upset from this because it was only sent out to certain people and they obviously didn't think that sending me the email might not be a good idea. The second email was a mass email to everyone at work about the birth of her baby girl. I didn't even read this one when I saw what it was or at least what I thought it was (the baby shower invite again). I just sat there in my office crying. 


What makes me feel better? 

1. This haiku by my niece Harley Rose posted to FB but I talked to her directly afterwards. She is so silly. I love her so much!

A petal in the wind
Fluttering softly with ease
To land on a pond

2. The changes I've made to my blog layout. I created the header and changed the default fonts on the page. I also changed the background.
    Anyway on to today's agenda....

    Day 4 - Your favorite book. Has it changed since your loss?

    I love to read so this is a hard one. I used to say that "Where the Red Fern Grows" was one of my favorites. It's been so long since I read that book now that I can't really remember it that well. Since my loss I have been reading "Empty Cradle, Broken Heart". I have really enjoyed this book. It may be hard to read at times but it makes me feel better. 


    I also have a book called "An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination: A Memoir" which I haven't started reading yet but a lot of BLMs have said that has been their favorite book so I am looking forward to starting that one.
    Photobucket




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers