Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 1 - A song that reminds me of Brinley

Today was the Walk to Remember event at Conway Medical Center. It was a lovely service. They had us write her name and a message on an Angel and a piece of paper. We hung the Angel on their memory tree and tied the paper to a balloon that was released. It was hard and I cried but it was nice to remember our baby as a family.



Starting the 30 day blog today. Each day I will post a blog that has something to do with the loss of Brinley. Today's item is......

Day 1 - a song that reminds you of your child, or one that you can't listen to anymore and why




This song has become a staple of my daily music. I love this song and it reminds me of Brinley. My favorite line in the song is the part where she asks to be made a Rainbow so she can shine over her mother.

I haven't come across a song I can't listen too anymore. Music is my companion, it helps me get through the day. I found it rough to listen to music when I first started driving again after being home. I used to turn it up loud while I was still pregnant when I was in the car and think about Brinley listening to it with me. I would wonder if she would like the same music as me. If she enjoyed hearing the boom boom boom of the bass.

It's almost like a dream that I was even pregnant. It seems like it was forever ago already....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers